thoughts du jour

  • "Spend some time alone every day."- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Monday 27 April 2009

Williamstown Literary Festival

You may or may not have noticed my lack of posts over the last few weeks. I've been busily organising publicity for the Williamstown Literary Festival, which is on this weekend (Fri 1-Sun 3 May). I'm pretty lucky to have been given this opportunity, through Veronica of Market PR. She has been kind enough to mentor me through my first real account, and so far I think I have done pretty well!

So, the WilliLitFest is on this weekend. Aside from doing the publicity I am also going to lots of the events. But let me just give you a quick breakdown of who's there:

- Andy Griffiths
- Andrew Rule
- Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope (ABC's The Librarians)
- Denise Scott
- Alice Pung
- Amra Pajalic
- Leigh Hobbs
- Catherine Deveny
- Jackie Kerin
- Gideon Haigh
- John Harms
- Maureen McCarthy

The person who most captured my attention is Jackie Kerin. She is author of children's book Phar Lap the Wonder Horse, but she is also writing about stories from Australia's history that have otherwise been untold. See, I believe it's the little things that really make up our history.

So, this is just a quick plug to say that if you enjoy reading (and if you're here, I assume you do) or writing and need some inspiration, then I suggest you head to the WilliLitFest this weekend.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How exciting for you! I hope it goes off really well...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed