thoughts du jour

  • "Spend some time alone every day."- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Sunday 15 February 2009

Gladiator sandals- in or out?

While I have been a great fan of the spring/summer fashion trends- boho/vintage is definitely my style of choice- I have to admit I never really understood the gladiator sandal. How something big, butch men used to wear during vicious blood baths became trendy is beyond my comprehension? But then there are those that follow the trend no matter what. It took me a while to figure out what my problem with them was. If I would see someone down the street wearing them, all I could think was "yeurcchhh", they just do not look right. Yet watching those tall, thin waifs gliding down the catwalk made me realise: gladiator sandals being the way they are, only look good on people who are tall and thin. Their bulkiness and height just look stupid on anyone less than 6 foot, making a usually thin, albeit short, person seem frumpy.
If you aren't tall, do not wear gladiators- they just look ridiculous.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed