thoughts du jour

  • "Spend some time alone every day."- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Friday 13 March 2009

Book of the moment: John Lennon- The Life

I've always been a huge fan of The Beatles. I don't know where this stems from, but it doesn't matter, their happy-go-lucky, sometimes psychedelic, sometimes sombre music has fascinated me for as long as I can remember. I especially liked John Lennon. I guess because he was the troubled one, the "tortured artist", the lost soul of the group, and for some reason I automatically gravitate towards these types. So when I read about the a biography of Lennon by the same guy that did the Beatle's book "Help" (Phillip Norman) in The Age M Magazine, I wanted it. I had to have it. Fortunately it was my birthday a couple of weeks after reading about it (read: today) so when my 3 year-old son asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I was quick to reply.

So I've started reading it already and I will keep you posted how it goes.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed